Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Own Pathetic Tragedy

So... an update on my eyes. Two weeks had passed and my eyes were still puffy. I was getting extremely frustrated, because I looked ridiculous (oh, by the way, this incident has really brought out the vanity in me) and they we're messing up my vision. So I went to an eye doctor. I knew that I was on the verge of getting better, but it was taking FOREVER! Plus I was hoping he would tell me that this was all because I had over exerted myself decorating too many cookies or staying up too late watching TV show reruns on Netflix. But, alas... what I had dreaded hearing was true. I had an allergic reaction to my... sniff, sniff... makeup. Now, most of you reading this are thinking "so what? quit being a baby and buy new makeup." But you gotta understand where I'm coming from (or at least how pathetic I am). I bought this compact makeup thing at the Sephora store online--I bought it online because I am way too chicken to go in the actual store--it is so intimidating! But it had like 90 different colors of eye shadows, both cream and powder, 60 different colors of lipstick, blush, eyeliners lip liners... everything a girly girl could ask for. Now, remember when you were in elementary school and you had your brand new school supplies? And how when you opened the box of crayons, how they all looked so perfect, new and untouched. And you wanted to bust them out and color until your hearts content, but at the same time you didn't want to disturb the sanctity of this brand new box? That's how I felt about my makeup. I had never made any sort of purchase like this before... EVER! And it was so unlike me too. My old makeup was just different variations of the same thing, nothing extravagant or exciting. And when I got my makeup in the mail I honestly just stared at it for a couple of days, like they were my new school crayons, and I was afraid to mess them up. But when I did work up the courage to use it... oh the fun I had. So, here it is the night of our Ladies Christmas Party. I was excited to be getting out of the house husband and baby free and so I thought I'm treat myself to a little fancy makeup. Out I go to the party, have a great time, come home, stay up late watching TV show reruns (stupid NewsRadio) and I fall asleep with my makeup on-gasp! And that is what did it. The eye doctor said that I was allergic to is all of the times that I used it, but it took a while for the allergy to surface. And sleeping in my eye makeup-gasp! was the straw that broke the camel's back. So... here I am two weeks later with my prescription eye drops, my benadryl, my zyrtec.... and my broken heart. I know, I know, I know. I'm being vain, I'm being a baby, and quite frankly I'm being obnoxious. But like my title says... it is my own pathetic tragedy. Okay, well I just reread what I had written and holy cow I wrote a stinkin novel! Ha! Sorry for wasting your time, but I had to get this all off my chest... you know, as part of the healing process :-)

No comments: