So... it's February. And so far, I hate this month. And I'm ready for it to be over. To catch you all up... here it goes:
Let's see... Feb. 3rd I was making a salad for lunch and I had bought actual romaine lettuce rather than buying the typical pre-cut bagged lettuce (trying to save money) and I was chopping up the lettuce and about chopped my finger off with it. I ended up having to get 6 stitches in my left index finger, and yes I write with my left hand. Turned out to be the most expensive head of lettuce I have ever bought. So much for saving money...
And with my finger incapacitated, I entered the week of Valentines having to do 64 dozen cookies. That's right 788 cookies. Why did I take that many orders? Sheer ignorance. I know now that even if I didn't have a bum finger or a toddler-- I, by myself cannot do that many cookies in one week.
And now for Saturday night, which by far was the worst night of my life. Karis had gone to bed with a little cough, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then about 1:30 she woke up crying and I guess that whole "mother's intuition" thing is real because I immediatly woke up and immediatly new that something was wrong, just her cry sounded wrong. So I get in there and she is laying on her side with her back to me and when I call her name she won't turn and look at me. Well, that freaks me out, but then when I pick her up 1. she is burning up and 2. she is just limp, like a rag doll. So, that freaks me out even more. I take her into Jeff and when he turns on the light, it is obvious she has thrown up, she looked completly out of it. Her eyes looked so empty just like nothing was there. And she was completly unresponsive and she wouldn't quit crying. My parents were there and so I woke them up to see if they knew what was wrong with her and they were as terrified as we were. So we called 911 and tried to figure out what was wrong with her. I had taken her temp. and it was wither 104 or 100.4 (I tend to get numbers mixed up). But I'm kinda leaning towards the 104 because when the EMT got to our house her temp. was 102. We had gotten her calmed down by the time they got here, but she was exhausted and still kinda out of it. They checked her out and made sure she was okay. We had no clue what was wrong with her, but one of the men suggested the possibility of a febrile seizure. Had no clue what that was, but they said she was okay and that we just needed to take her to her pediatrician to make sure everything was alright. Turns out, yeah that's what it was. And it is apparently common, like 1 in 25 toddlers experience this. If there is a sudden spike in body temperature, her little body can't process what's going on and it goes into shock in the form of a seizure. Most toddlers grow out of it by age 5. And now that she has had one, she could very well have another. It doesn't affect or damage her body and there really isn't anything we can do treat/prevent them. So, as you can imagine... I have been an absolute wreck. I know she is okay, but I am still freaked out by it all. So, please just pray for us... for my baby, that she'll never have to experience that again and especially for me, that I'll surrender my fears, the things I can't control over to God and let him deal with it all.
So... like I said from the beginning of this post... I hate this month. Bring on March!
2 comments:
We will definitely be praying for you. Van was suffering from night terrors, where he is screaming and crying (like he is in pain), but he is still asleep. There is nothing you can do to comfort him. It's so hard!
I will be praying for calm and peace in your life and that God will have good things in store for you. What a scary time!
Post a Comment